I was super excited to find out The Indie Beauty Expo or IBE was going to be in Dallas, Texas. I immediately started researching what brands would be there and how I was going to go (thank goodness my mom was coming into town so she could watch my daughter :)) The IBE hits Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, and London in 2018.
Indie Beauty Expo (IBE) was founded by celebrity esthetician, Jillian Wright, and entrepreneur, Nader Naeymi-Rad.
The Indie Beauty Expo was established to help the fast-growing category of indie brands connect to Buyers, Press and Consumers. Unsatisfied with the options available, Jillian and Nader formed IBE to provide a solution specific to market-ready indie brands.
IBE’s mission is to:
PROVIDE A PLATFORM TO RECOGNIZE, SHOWCASE AND CELEBRATE INDEPENDENT BEAUTY, WELLNESS AND LIFESTYLE BRANDS
What is Indie Beauty?
IBE is a three day event. However, there are specific days made for Brands, Buyers, Press and Shoppers. First day is Connect Indie for indie entrepreneurs, second day Shop Indie and third day is Trade Indie.
I attended the second day called SHOP INDIE, which is open to the public. Where shoppers, bloggers can mingle with the brand owners, find some Instagram friends and shop.
General Admission $29.99/$23 early bird.
Includes entry to event, free IBE tote bag, open bar and access to presentations/workshops and exclusive deals and discounts from brands.
VIP Ticket $99/$79 early bird
This is what I got and so worth it. Includes all General Admission, plus rapid check-in through VIP lane, free tote bag packed with samples (lots of them- more on that below), open bar, priority seating at presentations/panels and access to VIP lounge.
I was so happy to finally meet the beauty and brains behind Fitglow Beauty, Anna. She is so knowledgeable about safe skin care and make- up with her incredible luxury clean beauty line. Plus, she’s beautiful inside and out. I sampled the Vital Active Oil and next thing you know I bought it and I’m so thankful I did because my skin has looked so good adding this beauty to my routine. It was so great talking to her and finding out about her new products too (they have already been released now, lip serums and Good Lash Mascara)
These are things I wish I would have done prior to IBE and what I learned after attending:
- Research: the brands/founders and ingredients of products I wanted to try/buy. There were over 70 brands at Dallas IBE and so many great brands. Plus the brands are not all green beauty. It was a little overwhelming even though I did research some of the brands prior to going.
- Questions: figured out what questions I wanted to ask the founders or about the brand and products.
- Eat/Water/Snacks: wish I would have had dinner (I was starving). At least I brought snacks, thank you Amanada Organic Bunny for this tip- but I only brought Cocomels which are super yummy but I not quite dinner, and I brought Harmless Organic Coconut water. They do have a bar with water and drinks available for $, or 2 free with VIP ticket. I got some water and gave my drink tickets away.
- Wear: comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring a jacket just in case you get cold (It was super windy that night in Texas and I wore a little black dress without a jacket of course)
- Pictures/Videos: take lots of pictures/videos of the venue, event, founders/booths, products. Even though I thought I took a lot of pictures and photos I found out too late that I barely took any (too late of course, after I left the event)
- Business Cards: if only I had business cards with me or something with my name how to get in touch with all the great people I met. I had a few people ask me for a card and I didn’t have any (insert sad face here)
- Samples/Testing: test all the products interested in and/or ask for samples. They give you a cute IBE tote when you check in for all the goodies you buy or for sample
- Money: bring some and/or start saving up (budget) before the event because there were special deals (discounts baby) or products at the event. I wish I would have saved up more money, but, is it ever enough?
- Flower Crown: these were gorgeous. I ordered one when I first got there for my daughter, but by the time I went to get my crown I was told I had to go wait back in the line and it was one of the longest lines. So I decided not to get one. My fault I waited too long.
- VIP bag: a must have. So glad I was a VIP- just look at the goodie bag I got at the end of the night (WOW-I could barely get it in one picture so I took a few)
If you get a chance to go to any of the Indie Beauty Expos just DO IT! It was so great meeting the founders, some bloggers and getting to see the products, actually testing them before you buy. Also, if you can swing it, the VIP package was amazing. Make sure to get the early bird special to save some money.
Hope to see you at the Indie Beauty Expo sometime.
Have you been to IBE before? Are you going to IBE in the future?
~Indie Beauty Expo